"There are traditions among our people that run deep as stone. Their shields are as versatile as they are strong. Their swords are lethal. Simple. An ancient design. And a leader who does not lead the charge is no leader at all. They are called Warlords; a name that is earned: another ancient tradition. To become a Warlord means service to all who need it, for life. They are the shield of our people... and they will not fall."
Not born into leadership. They’ve had to earn it through blood, sweat and steel. To be a Warlord means a life of service to their people. Their shield protects those who cannot fight—their sword will cut down those who would attempt to cause their people harm. Their fighting style is simple yet brutal. You will always find them leading the charge.
Warlords wear leather and animal pelt over chain mail. The chainmail also extends covers their arms, chest and their hips, with a horn hanging off the backside of their waist.
Their helmet is made of iron and is in the shape of a rounded or peaked cap made from four plates after the spangenhelm pattern; at the brim, it has leather drapes protecting the neck. The helmet also has a "spectacle" guard around the eyes and nose which forms a sort of mask.
Ulfberht and Shield - The Ulfberht sword, paired with a sturdy shield, allows the wielder to deflect blows and get close enough to their target to unleash deadly close range attacks.
- While the For Honor website lists the Warlord's sword as a gladius, historically Vikings never used the Gladius. The Vikings, however, did use derivatives of the spatha sword, which eventually replaced the Gladius in the Roman Empire. The sword the Warlord uses would be classified as a Carolingian sword, or even an Ulfberht sword.
- The execution, "Attitude Adjuster," is a reference to the wrestling move used by John Cena, the Attitude Adjustment, a standing fireman's carry takeover. The stab at the end is effectively the pin that follows the move.
- The execution, "the Heartattack" has Warlord perform a Jumping Neckbreaker Slam.
- The execution, "the Viking's Elbow," may be a reference to one of Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson's signature moves, the "People's Elbow," a high-impact elbow drop.
- In the execution, "Head Carrier," Warlord performs a snapmare after cutting the opponent's neck.
- The execution "Like a Stuck Pig" may be a reference to the idioms "Squealing like a stuck pig" and "Bleeding like a stuck pig."
- The emote "Discobolus" is in reference to a statue of the same name. The name is translated as "Discus Thrower" in Greek, as the statue shows a man performing a Discus throw.
- The signature "Mennt" translates to "accomplishment" in Old Norse.
- Icelandic: "Horfðu á mig!" – English: "Look at me!"
- Entering Full Block stance
- Icelandic: "Þú ert dauður!" – English: "You are dead!"
- Headsplitter Leap
- Icelandic: "Þú verður veislumatur fyrir krákurnar!"- English: "You will be a feast for the crows!"
- Head on a Platter Execution
- Icelandic: "Ég gef þig úlfunum" - English: "I give you to the wolves"
- Norse Guillotine Execution
Slow and strong, Warlords are great counter attackers who hit hard and sustain a lot of damage. Their attacks have limited range but they offer defensive properties that make them perfect tools to counter incoming attacks or trade blows with the enemy.
- Difficulty: Medium
- Counter-attacker fighting style
- Short range
- Defensive properties on Light and Heavy attacks
- Defensive mode
- Unblockable headbutt
Passive | Rapidly revive fallen teammates
Trigger to gain movement speed for a short duration.
Passive | Attacks deal more Damage every 3 seconds
Set a trap down that deals damage & stops victims in their tracks.
You're slowed and gain high Damage reduction
Passive | Gain moderate Damage reduction every 3 seconds.
Raise sprint speed slightly and attack and defense greatly.
|Tough as Nails
Passive | Raises max Health when unlocked.
Passive | Deal Block damage when an enemy blocks your attack
Passive | Regenerate your Health when out of combat
Passive | Periodically, automatically revive upon death unless executed.
Throw a projectile, creating a fire effect over an area.
- Renown - Earn more Renown by assisting or saving Heroes, and defending objectives to unlock your feats in a match.
- Revenge Mode - Boosts Damage and Health. All Attacks are Uninterruptible. Parry and Throws knock enemies down. Attacks are Auto-Parried on activation.
- Crashing Charge - Upon initiating Crashing Charge into a target, Warlord will push back the target for as long as MMB (PC), X (XB1), ■ (PS4) is held. While performing Crashing Charge and before colliding with a target, Warlord's movement speed is increased by 15%.
- Guardbreak into Crashing Charge - Warlord's Gaurdbreak throws have similar properties to Crashing Charge, pushing the opponent in a desired direction with the shield.
- Superior Block Light Openers - Light Attack Openers have Superior Block property during the Startup, causing the attack to become a Crushing Counter (unblockable and increased damage) if successful at blocking an attack. Use it to counterattack.
- Enhanced Lights - Light Attacks are all Enhanced, not being interrupted if blocked.
- Uninterruptible Heavy Attacks - Heavy Attacks are Uninterruptable during the Startup. This prevents enemies from interrupting Warlord as he attempts to attack.
- Full Block Stance - Block Attacks from all directions. Requires Stamina to activate. Drains Stamina while maintaining stance.
- Undodgeable Board and Blade - Board and Blade is undodgeable. It is always initiated from the left.
- Normal Attacks from Full Block - Warlord is not restricted from performing a normal Light Opener or Zone Attack from Full Block Stance.
- Zone Attack: Elder's Tantrum - Zone Attack is undodgeable.
(From Guard Mode)
|Armor Styles||Weapon Styles|
|Knights||Warden - Conqueror - Peacekeeper - Lawbringer - Centurion - Gladiator - Black Prior|
|Samurai||Kensei - Shugoki - Orochi - Nobushi - Shinobi - Aramusha - Hitokiri|
|Vikings||Raider - Warlord - Berserker - Valkyrie - Highlander - Shaman - Jormungandr|
|Wu Lin||Tiandi - Jiang Jun - Nuxia - Shaolin - Zhanhu|