The Tiandi are loyal protectors to kings, queens, and emperors. Their name, which means “heaven and earth,” represents their lifelong dedication. They are masters of the dao blade, the weapon of choice for this Royal Guard.
The Tiandi take an oath of loyalty to their ruler. It is an oath that binds them to their ruler for life. They are renowned for their courage and dignity in battle. When a Tiandi’s ruler loses their life, the Tiandi becomes a terrifying warrior free of constraints. They fight with the same dedication, but their cause is known only to them.
The Tiandi wears a metal cuirass. Dragons are engraved into their pauldrons and spikes protrude from their bracers and greaves. Faulds cover their legs and is held up by a thick belt. A single decorative feather rests atop their helmet.
Dao - Single handed Chinese saber or broadsword made to cut down enemies in a flurry of slashes.
- Cai Qing
- Tiandi's armor is inspired by the Sui Dynasty (581–618CE) armor in ancient China.
- The dao blade was the first teased weapon, thus was the first hint as to what was the upcoming faction.
- The name "tiāndì" means "Heaven and Earth" (天地), referring to the ancient Chinese description of the world.
- Tiandi's fighting style resembles that of the Changquan.
- The execution "Yi Ru Fan Zhang" is a four-character idiom which means "very easy" (易如反掌; lit. "as easy as turning over a hand"). This is coupled with how the execution may be a possible reference to kung fu videos where the Kung Fu master easily defends against a student all while looking at the camera.
- Chinese: 疯狂就是力量 (Fēngkuáng jiùshì lìliàng) - English: "Madness is power!"
- Male Tiandi, dodge heavy (Tiger dodge)
- Chinese: 让你灰飞烟灭 (ràng nî huīfeīyānmiè) - English: "You'll vanish into dust!"
- Female Tiandi, dodge heavy (Tiger dodge)
- Chinese: 吾乃天地 (Wú nǎi tiāndì) - English: "I am Tiandi!"
- Male Tiandi, dodge light (Dragon dodge)
- Chinese: 害虫去死 (hàichóng qù sǐ) - English: "Die, you pest!"
- Female Tiandi, dodge light (Dragon dodge)
- Chinese: 吃我一刀 (Chī wǒ yīdāo) - English: "Eat my blade!"
- Male Tiandi, Palm strike
- Chinese: 我所向无敌 (Wǒ suǒxiàng wúdí) - English: "I am invincible!"
- Female Tiandi, Palm strike
- Chinese: 你已败矣 (Nǐ yǐ bài yǐ) - English: "You have lost!"
- Male Tiandi, Dragon kick
- Chinese: 乱臣贼子 (Luànchén zéizǐ) - English: "You scoundrel!"
- Female Tiandi, Dragon kick
The Tiandi is able to use a graceful series of dodge attacks to weave through combat and avoid enemy attacks. The most agile among the Vanguards, the Tiandi can unbalance an opponent with a Kick and create opportunities for allies to land lethal blows.
- Difficulty: Easy
- Adaptable Fighting Style
- Dodge Attack Specialist
- Graceful dodge attacks
- Palm strikes break opponents’ guard at close range
- Kick to destabilize enemies
Passive | Allies gain strength based on how low your health is.Unlocked at level 1
|Come at Me
Heal and get more Renown from kills, but take more damage from attacks.Unlocked at level 5
Passive | Lose Stamina at a lower rate.Unlocked at level 13
Sacrifice health to heal, restore stamina and cleanse allies.Unlocked at level 1
|Marked for Death
Reveal target's position and lower their Stamina & Defense.Unlocked at level 7
Nearby enemies have less powerful attack and defense.Unlocked at level 15
Passive | Life Leech when less than half health.Unlocked at level 1
Allies and yourself deals more damage, enemy soldiers flee.Unlocked at level 9
Passive | Your Revive is uninterruptable & grants shields to allies.Unlocked at level 17
Passive | Gain Shield when critical health.Unlocked at level 1
Improve Damage for you and your allies for a short duration.Unlocked at level 11
Passive | Drop a High Damage grenade upon death unless executed.Unlocked at level 19
- Palm Strike - After a successful Light Attack Opener or a Tiger Dodge you can follow up with a Palm Strike by pressing its designated inputs.
- Heavy Palm Strike - The Heavy Attack in Heavy Palm Strike acts as a Dragon Dodge Top, thus functioning as a Heavy Chain Starter.
- Dragon Kick - After a Heavy Attack Opener, a Dragon Dodge, or the first strike of a Zone Attack, you can follow up with a unbalancing Dragon Kick with the Guardbreak input.
- Dragon Kick Requirements - Dragon Kick requires the Heavy Attack Openers or Dragon Dodges to land, hit or be blocked; Tiandi cannot kick if they miss with these moves.
- Dragon Kick Cancel - You can cancel your Kick with a Dodge or a Dodge Attack.
- Dodge Block - Your guard automatically matches the direction of your dodge.
- Dodge Openers - All Dodge Attacks function as a Chain Starter.
- Superior Block Tiger Dodge - Tiger Dodge's Superior Block becomes a Crushing Counter (Unblockable and enhanced damage) if successful in blocking an incoming attack.
- Flow Like Water - You can cancel your Basic Attack Opener recoveries with a Dodge or Dodge Attack.
- Dancing Dragon - You can cancel Dragon Dodge Side with a Dodge or Dodge Attack.
- Extended Dodge Attack - Dragon Dodge Side has an extended dodge property, allowing the Tiandi to avoid attacks more easily.
- Zone Attack Cancel - You can cancel your zone attack by pressing Cancel or with a Kick by pressing Guardbreak after the first strike.
- Revenge Mode - Boosts Damage and Health. All Attacks are Uninterruptible. Parry and Throws knock enemies down. Attacks are Auto-Parried on activation.
- Renown - Earn more Renown in 1v1 fights, by killing enemy Heroes, and getting killing streaks to unlock your feats in a match.
(From Guard Mode)
|Armor Styles||Weapon Styles|
|Knights||Warden - Conqueror - Peacekeeper - Lawbringer - Centurion - Gladiator - Black Prior|
|Samurai||Kensei - Shugoki - Orochi - Nobushi - Shinobi - Aramusha - Hitokiri|
|Vikings||Raider - Warlord - Berserker - Valkyrie - Highlander - Shaman - Jormungandr|
|Wu Lin||Tiandi - Jiang Jun - Nuxia - Shaolin|