The Shaolin are fierce warrior monks known for their fluid fighting style and their prowess with the staff.
The Order of Shaolin was formed long before the Cataclysm, when the first monks established a monastery and shared their martial skills with their followers.
After the Cataclysm, civil war enveloped the Empire, and the monks honed their warrior skills to preserve a spirituality that was quickly disappearing from the world. If that meant a clenched fist, then these warrior monks would be ready.
Today, they spend their days praying, training, and fighting. They hold their prayers close to them at all times and deliver their message with a spiritual force that’s unmatched.
The only armor the Shaolin wears are a pair of bracers and greaves. Other than that, he wears the robes and artifacts of his monastary, with tattoos of prayers covering his body.
Staff - A simple but long ranged weapon capable of pummeling enemies in an array of swings and thrusts.
Known Shaolin Edit
- Wei Chang
- The Shaolin's staff is not static, and has proper physics that allow it to bend flexibly during certain emotes and attacks.
- Shaolin was referred to being an Assassin class on the June 14th, 2018 episode of Warior's Den. However, this was a misspoken statement, debunked in other official news and webpages that came later, stating that he is meant to be a Hybrid.
- Thus, it is likely Roman, the caster on Warrior's Den who mistakenly called Shaolin an Assassin, meant to say that Shaolin is a hybrid between the Assassin and the Vanguard classes.
- This mistake may have also come from the fact that among all the Hybrids, Shaolin is currently the only one with a Reflex Guard which is iconic to Assassin Heroes otherwise.
- The Shaolin is based off his namesake, the Shaolin monk.
- Some of the Shaolin's designs and gear are a reference to Sun Wukong, the Monkey King, from his shouts when fighting to the inclusion of monkey masks as one line of visuals.
- The "Qi" (pronounced ch'i) in Qi Stance is a vital force that is believed, by those of traditional Chinese culture and a few other East Asian cutlures, to exist. This vital force or energy is said to flow through/links all matter and living things.
- The Shaolin possesses many moves and stances that are part of Shaolin Kung Fu.
- In Qi stance:
- Top Light or side Heavy is the Gong Bu (弓步) stance. However, the knee is bent, which is incorrect for the stance.
- Side Light is the Ban Ma Bu (半马步) stance.
- Top Heavy is the Fu Hu Bu (伏虎步) stance, also known as the Pu Bu (仆步) stance. However, the body is bent over, where the proper use of the stance sees a straight body.
- Lotus Leap, the Top Heavy Attack performed from Qi stance, is a move for the staff form, known as "yin shou gun" (阴手棍).
- In Qi stance:
- Elegant Lotus initiated to the left from a Qi Stance (Light-sides) will trigger any of Shaolin's quotes, including the one exclusive to this specific command.
- An Elegant Lotus from a Qi Stance (Heavy or Light-Top) or to the right from Qi Stance (Light) does not use any quotes.
- Meanwhile, Astonishing and bound Blossom both initiate random quotes when successful in their Superior Block.
- It is unknown if this is a bug.
- Due to having four, although randomized and non-customizable, Emotes when holding Qi Stance, Shaolin holds the most executable Fighting Emotes possible during gameplay at six.
- Shaolin's Season 10 Execution "Flurry of Blows" is based off Wing Chun martial art's "Rolling Punch," which was first observed in the movie series Ip Man, starring Donnie Yen (who himself is a Wing Chun practitioner since the first movie) as the titular character, along with later films starring Yen.
- Chinese: 就让我超度你吧 (Jiù ràng wǒ chāodù nǐ ba) - English: "Let my prayers put your soul to rest."
- Death Point Strike
- Chinese: 金刚伏魔 (Jīngāng fú mó) - English: "Vajra conquers the Demon."
- Lotus Leap
- Chinese: 南无阿弥陀佛 (Ná mó ēmítuófó) - English: "Buddha blesses you."
- Sun Kick and Flying Monkey
- Chinese: 金刚不坏 (Jīngāng bù huài) - English: "Vajra is invincible."
- Qi Stance (Light-sides) into Elegant Lotus (Left)
- When Superior Blocking with Bound Blossom or Astonishing Blossom
The Shaolin is a fast-paced combatant with a huge array of tools at his disposal. With his Staff, he is highly mobile and can alter his combat flow by entering a special Qi Stance that gives him access to various special attacks. His attacks are quick, relentless, and unpredictable.
- Difficulty: Hard
- Mobile fighter with a lot of options
- Qi Stance
- Qi Stance: Gains access to specials that give various properties, such as Unblockable attacks, Undodgeable attacks and Superior Block attacks
- Confuses his opponents with his mix-ups
- Long range
Set a trap that reveals the position of enemies who pass over the trap.
Unlocked at level 1
Passive | Hide yourself from the HUD, Radar & Aim Assist.
Unlocked at level 5
Passive | You can still Sprint when Out of Stamina.
Unlocked at level 13
Shift behind a Locked enemy and perform a Sun Kick.
Unlocked at level 1
Passive | Gain a temporary attack buff after a successful attack.
Unlocked at level 7
Passive | Gain moderate Damage Reduction every 3 seconds.
Unlocked at level 15
Passive | Heal nearby allies when landing hits from Qi Stance
Unlocked at level 1
|Heal on Block
Passive | Blocking regenerates your Health.
Unlocked at level 9
Gain Stamina on successful hits.
Unlocked at level 17
Shift to an Ally.
Unlocked at level 1
Activate to block all grab attempts for a while.
Unlocked at level 11
All enemies are Marked for Death and show up on the Radar.
Unlocked at level 19
- To Qi Stance and From Qi Stance - Shaolin has a special stance called Qi Stance. "To Qi Stance" are for moves that enter Qi Stance. "From Qi Stance" are for Special Attacks available after entering Qi Stance.
- To Qi Stance - Hold Light Attack after a Light Attack or Heavy Attack after a Heavy Attack to enter Qi Stance. Keep holding Light or Heavy to stay in Qi Stance. Cannot enter Qi Stance from a Finisher.
- From Qi Stance - You can use Light or Heavy to launch attacks from Qi Stance. Releasing the held button will launch that attack (exa. If holding Light, releasing the button will launch a Light Attack).
- Exiting Qi Stance - Press Dodge or Cancel to exit Qi Stance. Getting hit will force Shaolin out of Qi stance. Any Attack from Qi stance are a Chain Finisher and will exit Qi stance.
- Superior Block Qi Stance Lights - Bounding Blossom and Astounding Blossom have Superior Block properties during their start-up, gaining Crushing Counter properties (receives Unblockable and increased damage) when successful in blocking an incoming attack. Time well to counterattack.
- Deflect - Dodge in the direction of an incoming Attack just before impact to Deflect it. Follow up Deflect with a Deflect Attack.
- Deflect into Qi Stance - Hold the Deflect Attack to Fast Flow into Qi Stance.
- Relentless Chain Finishers - Using the same attack twice will end the Relentless Chain. Chain Finishers cannot enter Qi Stance.
- Stunning Throws - Throws will Stun targets.
- Zone Attack - Cancel Zone Attack after the first or second hit with B (XB1), ◯ (PS4) or E (PC).
- Death Point Strike - The follow-up strikes of Death Point Strike are guaranteed if the first one hits. These follow-up strikes deal reduced damage compared to a normal Light Attack.
- Timed Strikes - The follow-up strikes in Death Point Strike require proper timing to perform. If performed too slowly or too quickly, the inputs will not register or instead initiate a normal Light Finisher.
- Death Point Strike into Qi Stance - Death Point Strike can enter Qi Stance mid-combo if the Light Attack button is held during the second attack. This has a small window of opportunity, thus requires precise timing to initiate.
- Defense: Reflex - Your Guard Stance only remains active for a limited time, lasting one second.
- Renown - Earn more Renown in 1v1 fights, by killing enemy Heroes, and getting killing streaks to unlock your feats in a match.
- Revenge Mode - Boosts Damage and Health. All Attacks are Uninterruptable. Parry and Throws knock enemies down. Attacks are Auto-Parried on activation.
(From Guard Mode)
|Armor Styles||Weapon Styles|
|Knights||Warden - Conqueror - Peacekeeper - Lawbringer - Centurion - Gladiator - Black Prior|
|Samurai||Kensei - Shugoki - Orochi - Nobushi - Shinobi - Aramusha - Hitokiri|
|Vikings||Raider - Warlord - Berserker - Valkyrie - Highlander - Shaman|
|Wu Lin||Tiandi - Jiang Jun - Nuxia - Shaolin|