"Sometimes a viking is born who carries the spark of gods: Raiders, we call them. It is a name that can summon armies. Ruthless, fearless, made for battle. The Dane Axe was the mightiest weapon of our ancestors; they wield it without mercy. The moment of a viking's death is chosen by fate. So what use have they of armor? Or of fear?"For the single player campaign character, see: The Raider
Fighting with heavy two-handed axes, Raiders are always found at the forefront of the Viking horde, hacking through enemies crazy enough to stand in their way. They are clad in leather and iron rings, with their bodies covered by tattoos – souvenirs from past battles, which they bear proudly. These relentless warriors embody the Viking ideals: boundless bravery, spotless integrity, and unbridled passion. They know the moment of their death has already been chosen upon birth, so no Viking fears to follow their destiny. Of course, they all intend to bring as many foes with them as they can.
The Raider's armor is composed of a blend of toughened leather, thick animal furs, and few pieces of metal plates, and have more of their body exposed than any other class in the game. So much so that it could be said that the Raider wears no armor at all, effectively sacrificing defense in exchange for mobility to assist in their preferred tactic of charging recklessly headfirst into a fight.
WeaponEditLong Axe - Long axes have massive heads mounted on long, polished wooden handles. It is one of the most recognizable and fearsome weapons of the Vikings. It doubles as a deadly weapon of war and a tool to smash through whatever stands in the way between raiders and the loot they seek.
- The Raider's weapon is called the Dane Axe, and is even referred to as such in the Raider trailer, despite being longer and featuring a thicker head than a traditional one. Strangely, it is called the 'Long Axe' on the For Honor website.
- While all promotional materials feature the Raider wearing a horned helmet, there is no historical proof that Vikings have actually worn such helmets in battle.
- Some early historians suspected Viking berserkers (berserkir) of charging into battle bare-chested (interpreting ber- as bare so that berserkir would mean bare-shirt or no shirt). Such interpretations have largely been abandoned by modern historians but the Raider and his lack of a shirt could have possibly been inspired by such interpretations.
- The Raider is the only vanguard character in the game so far who wields an axe and not a sword.
- Icelandic: ÉG RÍF YKKUR Í BITA! - English: "I'll tear you (plural) to pieces!"
- Male Raider, Unblockable Fury
- Icelandic: ÉG RÍF ÞIG Í BITA! - English: "I'll tear you (singular) to pieces!"
- Female Raider, Unblockable Fury
- Icelandic: Þú ert dauður! - English: "You are dead!" (Both genders)
- Stunning Tap
Raiders are the Viking’s archetypal warriors. They wade through battles with a large Dane axe, dishing out several disabling attacks and dealing high damage.
- Disabling Fighting Style
- High Damage Attacks
- Unblockable zone attack usable in all chain attacks
- Stun attacks and throws
- Strong, versatile throw attacks
Trigger to gain movement speed for a short duration.Unlocked at level 1
Passive | Lose stamina at a lower rate.
Unlocked at level 5
Passive | Killing soldier grants you health and stamina.Unlocked at level 13
|2||Marked for Death
Reveal target position and lower its attack and defense.Unlocked at level 1
Allies deal more Damage, soldiers fight faster.Unlocked at level 7
Medium damage trap that stops victims in their tracks.
Unlocked at level 15
Recover some of your health.Unlocked at level 1
Raise sprint speed slightly and attack and defense greatly.
Unlocekd at level 9
Increase ally Damage and makes enemy soldiers flee.Unlocked at level 17
Throw a projectile creating a fire area of effect.Unlocked at level 1
Nearby allies continuously regain health.Unlocked at level 11
Activate to auto block grab attempts for a duration.Unlocked at level 19
- Renown - Earn more Renown in outnumbered fights, by controlling objectives, and by killing enemy soldiers to unlock your feats in a match.
- Revenge Mode - Boosts Damage and Health. All Attacks are Uninterruptible. Parry and Throws knock enemies down. Attacks are Auto-Parried on activation.
- Uninterruptible Chain Heavies - The second and finishing Heavy Attacks of a chain are Uninterruptible.
- Stampede Charge - Hold MMB (PC), X (XB1), ■ (PS4) after picking up a target to continue sprinting. Upon releasing MMB (PC), X (XB1), ■ (PS4), the target will be thrown and knocked down.
- Wall Stun - Stampede Charge a target into a wall in order to pin them, Stun them and deal a bit of damage.
- Bystander Collateral - Enemies that Raider charges into while Stampede Charging will be knocked down. For every enemy knocked aside, the target of Stampede Charge will lose some Stamina.
- Controlled Throw - Hold MMB (PC), X (XB1), ■ (PS4) upon attempting a throw with a guard broken Target in all directions, except forward, in order to keep a hold of them while swinging them around. Release to throw them in the desired direction. Raider can only swing the Target for up to a little more than a full turn around (roughly 405 degrees).
- Guardbreak into Stampede Charge - Throwing forward a guard broken target will instead lead Raider into using a guaranteed Stampede Charge on them.
- Raider's Storm - Zone Attack is Unblockable and comes from the left guard.
- Raider's Fury - Attempting Raider's Storm during a chain changes the attack into Raider's Fury. Raider's Fury switches the attack to come from the right guard, deals drastically more damage and ends the chain.
- Raider Zone Cancel - Cancel Raider's Storm and Raider's Fury during their Startup with B (XB1), E (PC) or O (PS4).
- Heavy to Guard Break - Press MMB (PC), X (XB1), ■ (PS4) during the start up of a Heavy Attack, Raider's Storm or Raider's Fury to feint into a Guard Break.
- Stunning Tap - Stunning Tap will deal a bit of damage, Stun the target hit along with draining some Stamina. The attack always comes from the Top Guard.
- Stunning Tap Variation - Cancel any Heavy Attack, Raider's Storm or Raider's Fury with a Light Attack during their start up to feint into a Stunning Tap.
- Stunning Tap Chains - Stunning Tap can be followed up with a Light or Heavy Finisher or Raider's Fury.
(From Guard Mode)
|Armor Styles||Weapon Styles|
|Knights||Warden - Conqueror - Peacekeeper - Lawbringer - Centurion - Gladiator - Black Prior|
|Samurai||Kensei - Shugoki - Orochi - Nobushi - Shinobi - Aramusha - Hitokiri|
|Vikings||Raider - Warlord - Berserker - Valkyrie - Highlander - Shaman|
|Wu Lin||Tiandi - Jiang Jun - Nuxia - Shaolin|