"When wars end, it is the silent blade that keeps the peace. But when wars rage, a peacekeeper's work is never done. Quick, lethal, they can win a fight before the enemy even knows they're there. Dancers of death with dual blades for dancing partners. Selected from the desperate, the humble, or the devoted. Sworn to secrecy by unbreakable oaths; what they know could destroy legends... or create them."
Quick, lethal, and can win a fight before their enemy even knows they are there. It takes a special type of warrior to be a silent blade. Theirs is not a legacy of glory. They are an instrument of death, wielded to turn the tides of war. You may never see them. But you will feel the difference they make and the trail they leave behind.
The Peacekeepers wear light leather with hints of mail underneath. They are equipped with armored shoulder plates and shin protectors. They wear a helm with a cage visor and a brown hood to conceal their faces.
Sword and Dagger - The combination of sword and dagger gives the wielder deadly counter-attacking ability. What the dagger lacks in damage, it makes up for in speed and versatility.
- Historically, using a sword and dagger was the most common form of dual wielding. The sword would be used for offense while the dagger would be used for defense and parrying.
- It is good to note that the parrying dagger (or the use of a dagger dual-wielded with another weapon) did not come into use until the late Middle ages, around the 15th to 16th century.
- Historically, the concept of duel wielding was not considered practical outside of 1 versus 1 duels and was never intended to be a legitimate warfare technique.
- The Peacekeeper's Exsanguis passives on bleeding foes, "Exsanguis Celeritas" and "Exsanguis Laceratrix," respectively translate to "Speed of the Bloodless" and "Lacerater of the Bloodless."
- Peacekeeper's quote for deflects or her execution "Stepped Stool" utilizes "Moritūrus," which in correct latin would include "es" to make "Moritūrus es!" to complete it as a verb.
- The execution "Ole!" is named after the Spanish interjection "¡Olé!" which is commonly used in a number of occasions, such as sporting events, concerts and certain Spanish dances (most recognizably the Flamenco). It translates to "Bravo!" and is used for encouragement or, when used by spectators, a sign of approval.
- The final striking pose by the Peacekeeper in the execution is a homage to a popular pose in Flamenco dancing that typically is seen in popular media to be used while chanting "¡Olé!".
- The execution "Trepanation" refers to the surgical term "trepanning" where the surgeon drills a hole into the patient's skull in order to treat any diseases or illnesses under the bone surface. Trepanning has been used since medieval times to either treat mentally abnormal individuals or to remove shrapnel from the skull.
- The execution "Nightingale Guillotine" may be a reference to Florence Nightingale's accounts of the second French Revolution when she was traveling Europe, where she made critical remarks about the bloodied nature of this revolution due to the use of guillotines, compared to the first that she recounted as bloodless.
- The execution "Instant Regrets" may be a reference to the movie Ace Ventura: Pet Detective, where the titular character Ace gets two spears thrown at his knees by tribesmen, gesturing comically at the nature of where they were thrown. You can see the scene here.
- The target of this execution will also react with similar comical gestures as Ace. However, unlike the tribesmen who throw the spears into Ace's knees, Peacekeeper jabs her blades in into them from up close.
- The execution "Errantia Lumina Fallunt" takes its name from the motto of Clan Kinnaird. The motto translates to "Wandering lights deceive," making a reference to how wavering signs in one's disposition is a possible sign of a liar or someone who means to pull deception.
- The execution "Mobilitate Viget" translates to "mobility flourishes" and is a reference to a quote from the Aeneid. The full quote is "mobilitate viget virisque adquirit eundo," which translates to "she thrives on movement and acquires strength by going."
- Latin: "Peri!" - English: "Die!"/"Perish!"
- Deep Gouge, Successful Stab or Deadly Embrace Execution
- Latin: "Tu moritūrus!" - English: "You are going to die!"
- Deflect or Stepped Stool Execution
- Latin: "Saltem te tentavisti!" - English: "At least you tried!"
- Arrow In The Head Execution
Peacekeepers are fast, maneuverable, and deadly. They use their dagger to follow up Heavy attacks or to feint them, inflicting Bleed Damage to their opponents. Once the opponent is bleeding, the Peacekeepers will be able to go on the full-offensive as their attacks become augumented.
- Difficulty: Medium
- Counter-attacker fighting style
- Short range but high mobility
- Multitude of soft-feint options from Heavy attacks and Zone Attack, including Dagger Cancel
- Dagger attacks will inflict bleed damage
- Attacks are augumented when facing a Bleeding target, allowing for more aggressive combat
Available Perks for the Peacekeeper can be viewed on the Perks page.
Passive | Gain Health & Stamina when you kill another hero
Passive | Hide yourself from the HUD, Radar & Aim Assist
Passive | Capture and upgrade control zones faster.
|2||Fiat Lux ("let there be light")
Throw a flash grenade that blinds enemies for a few seconds.
Passive | Gain moderate Damage reduction.
Passive | The base healing of Executions are increased by 50%.
Fire a crossbow bolt for medium Damage.
|Pugno Mortis ("fist of death")
Throw an explosive projectile dealing damage over an area.
Attacks inflict low Damage over time.
Enemies around you have lower Stamina regeneration and defenses
Call a catapult strike over an area.
Passive | Drop a high Damage grenade when you die.
- Renown: Assassin - Earn more Renown in 1vX fights, by killing enemy Heroes, and getting killing streaks to unlock your feats in a match.
- Revenge Mode - Boosts Damage and Health. All Attacks are Uninterruptable. Parry and Throws knock enemies down. Attacks are Auto-Parried on activation.
- Defense: Reflex - Your Guard Stance only remains active for a limited time, lasting for one second.
- Deflect - Dodge in the direction of an incoming Attack just before impact to Deflect it. Deflects grant a Hero access to unique tools.
- Riposting Stab - After a deflect, Peacekeeper can perform a guaranteed Stab maneuver to inflict Bleed.
- Heavy Cancels - Chain Heavy Attacks can be canceled during their start-up with Guardbreak, a Dodge or a Dagger Cancel.
- Poisonous Stab - All Stab Attacks (Deep Gouge, Stab, Riposting Stab, Dagger Cancel) deal bleed damage. Bleed proced by Peacekeeper stack. Stab Attacks always strike from the Top.
- Exsanguis Celeritas - Light Attacks against bleeding targets are Enhanced.
- Exsanguis Laceratrix - When locked onto a bleeding target, Heavy Finishers and the second strike of Zone Attack will be Unblockable.
- Dagger Cancel - Perform a Light Attack during the Startup of any Heavy Attack or after the first strike of a Zone Attack to stab your foe.
- Dagger Follow-up - Deep Gouge - Perform a Light Attack during the recovery of any successful (not blocked) Heavy Attack or Dodge Attack to perform Deep Gouge, a guaranteed Stab Attack.
- Dagger Cancel Recovery - Cancel the recovery of Dagger Cancel with a Dodge.
- Timed Stab - The Light Attacks of Stab require proper timing to perform. If performed too slowly or too quickly, the inputs will not register. Compared to other timed moves, Stab's timing is lenient.
- Stab Cancel - Press X (XB1),⬜ (PS4) or MMB (PC) during Stab to throw the opponent. This cannot be performed once all three stabs have been inflicted.
- Zone Attack - Cancel Zone Attack after the first Attack with B (XB1), ◯ (PS4) or E (PC), or soft feint into a Dodge or Guardbreak with their respective button input.
- Zone Attack from Guardbreak - Peacekeeper is able to perform a Zone Attack smoothly upon guardbreaking an opponent.
- Undodgeable Lunge - Slipping Lunge is undodgeable.
(From Guard Mode)
|Armor Styles||Weapon Styles|
|Knights||Warden - Conqueror - Peacekeeper - Lawbringer -Centurion|
|Samurai||Kensei - Shugoki - Orochi - Nobushi|
|Vikings||Raider - Warlord - Berserker - Valkyrie|
|Wu Lin||Tiandi - Jiang Jun - Nuxia - Shaolin - Zhanhu|