"When wars end, it is the silent blade that keeps the peace. But when wars rage, a peacekeeper's work is never done. Quick, lethal, they can win a fight before the enemy even knows they're there. Dancers of death with dual blades for dancing partners. Selected from the desperate, the humble, or the devoted. Sworn to secrecy by unbreakable oaths; what they know could destroy legends... or create them."
Quick, lethal, and can win a fight before their enemy even knows they are there. It takes a special type of warrior to be a silent blade. Theirs is not a legacy of glory. They are an instrument of death, wielded to turn the tides of war. You may never see them. But you will feel the difference they make and the trail they leave behind.
The Peacekeepers wear light leather with hints of mail underneath. They are equipped with armored shoulder plates and shin protectors. They wear a helm with a cage visor and a brown hood to conceal their faces.
Sword and Dagger - The combination of sword and dagger gives the wielder deadly counter-attacking ability. What the dagger lacks in damage, it makes up for in speed and versatility.
- Historically, using a sword and dagger was the most common form of dual wielding. The sword would be used for offense while the dagger would be used for defense and parrying.
- It is good to note that the parrying dagger (or the use of a dagger dual-wielded with another weapon) did not come into use until the late Middle ages, around the 15th to 16th century.
- The name for Peacekeeper's Enhanced Light attacks on bleeding foes, "Exsanguis Celeritas" translates to "Speed of the Lifeless."
- Historically, the concept of duel wielding was not considered practical outside of 1 versus 1 duels and was never intended to be a legitimate warfare technique.
- Peacekeeper's quote for deflect or her execution "Stepped Stool" utilizes "Moritūrus," which in correct latin would include "es" to make "Moritūrus es!" to complete it as a verb.
- The execution "Ole!" is a reference to Spanish dances (most likely the Flamenco), with the final striking pose by the Peacekeeper in the execution being a homage to a popular pose in the dance.
- The execution "Trepanation" refers to the surgical term "trepanning" where the surgeon drills a hole into the patient's skull in order to treat any diseases or illnesses under the bone surface. Trepanning has been used since medieval times to either treat mentally abnormal individuals or to remove shrapnel from the skull.
- The execution "Nightingale Guillotine" may be a reference to Florence Nightingale's accounts of the second French Revolution when she was traveling Europe, where she made critical remarks about the bloodied nature of this revolution due to the use of guillotines, compared to the first that she recounted as bloodless.
- The execution "Instant Regrets" is a reference to the movie Ace Ventura: Pet Detective, where the titular character Ace gets two spears thrown at his knees by tribesmen, gesturing comically at the nature of where they were thrown. You can see the scene here.
- The target of this execution will also react with similar comical gestures as Ace. However, unlike the tribesmen who throw the spears into Ace's knees, Peacekeeper jabs her blades in into them from up close.
- The execution "Errantia Lumina Fallunt" takes its name from the motto of Clan Kinnaird. The motto translates to "Wandering lights deceive," making a reference to how wavering signs in one's disposition is a possible sign of a liar or someone who means to pull deception.
- Latin: "Peri!" - English: "Die!"/"Perish!"
- Deep Gouge, Successful Stab or Deadly Embrace Execution
- Latin: "Tu moritūrus!" - English: "You are going to die!"
- Deflect or Stepped Stool Execution
- Latin: "Saltem te tentavisti!" - English: "At least you tried!"
- Arrow In The Head Execution
Peacekeepers are fast, maneuverable, and deadly. They use their dagger to follow up attacks or feint them, inflicting Bleed Damage to their opponents. Their limited range is compensated by high mobility to counter enemies or back away to safety.
- Difficulty: Medium
- Counter-attacker fighting style
- Short range but high mobility
- Very fast attacks
- Use dagger to cancel or confirm attacks into Bleed damage
- Guardbreak abilities, included timed Stab for Bleed
Passive | Gain Health & Stamina when you kill another hero
Passive | Hide yourself from the HUD, Radar & Aim Assist
Passive | Capture and upgrade control zones faster.
|2||Fiat Lux ("let there be light")
Throw a flash grenade that blinds enemies for a few seconds.
Passive | Gain moderate Damage reduction. (Approx. 25% damage reduction)
Passive | Attacks fill the revenge meter
Unlocked at level 15
Fire a crossbow bolt for medium Damage.
|Pugno Mortis ("fist of death")
Throw an explosive projectile dealing damage over an area.
Attacks inflict low Damage over time.
Enemies around you have lower Stamina regeneration and defenses
Call a catapult strike over an area.
|Last Laugh Passive | Drop a high Damage grenade when you die.|
- Renown - Earn more Renown in 1v1 fights, by killing enemy Heroes, and getting killing streaks to unlock feats in a match.
- Revenge Mode - Boosts Damage and Health. All Attacks are Uninterruptible. Parry and Throws knock enemies down. Attacks are Auto-Parried on activation.
- Defense: Reflex - Your Guard Stance only remains active for a limited time, lasting for one second.
- Deflect - Deflect by dodging in the direction of an incoming attack just before impact. Deflect can be followed-up by Riposting Stab or a guaranteed Guardbreak.
- Heavy Cancels - Chain Heavy Attacks can be canceled during their start-up with Guardbreak, a dodge or a Dagger Cancel.
- Poisonous Stab - All Stab Attacks (Deep Gouge, Stab, Riposting Stab, Dagger Cancel) deal bleed damage. Bleed procs by Peacekeeper stack. Stab Attacks always strikes from the Top.
- Exsanguis Celeritas - Light Attacks against bleeding targets are Enhanced.
- Dagger Cancel - Perform a Light Attack during the Startup of any Heavy Attack or after the first strike of a Zone Attack to stab your foe.
- Dagger Follow-up - Deep Gouge - Perform a Light Attack during the recovery of any successful (not blocked) Heavy Attack or Dodge Attack to perform Deep Gouge, a guaranteed Stab Attack.
- Timed Stab - The Light Attacks of Stab require proper timing to perform. If performed too slowly or too quickly, the inputs will not register. Compared to other timed moves, Stab's timing is lenient.
- Stab Cancel - Press X (XB1),⬜ (PS4) or MMB (PC) during Stab to throw the opponent. This cannot be performed once all three stabs have been inflicted.
- Zone Attack - Cancel Zone Attack after the first Attack with B (XB1), ◯ (PS4) or E (PC).
- Zone Attack from Guardbreak - Peacekeeper is able to perform a Zone Attack smoothly upon guardbreaking an opponent.
- Undodgeable Lunge - Slipping Lunge is undodgeable.
(From Guard Mode)
|Armor Styles||Weapon Styles|
|Knights||Warden - Conqueror - Peacekeeper - Lawbringer - Centurion - Gladiator - Black Prior|
|Samurai||Kensei - Shugoki - Orochi - Nobushi - Shinobi - Aramusha - Hitokiri|
|Vikings||Raider - Warlord - Berserker - Valkyrie - Highlander - Shaman - Jormungandr|
|Wu Lin||Tiandi - Jiang Jun - Nuxia - Shaolin - Zhanhu|