Nuxia was the name given to female bodyguards during the civil war. These skilled slayers usually roam the battlefield on their own terms, clawing and gutting prey with their hook swords.
The default armor consists of a metal cuirass with cloth and lamellar faulds held together by a belt. Sleek metal pauldrons, rerebraces, and bracers leave very little unprotected on the arms. They also wear a headband on their head.
Hook Swords- Versatile swords that possess a standard sword blade, but feature unique bladed guards, and hooks at the tip of their blades.
- Lin Yao
- Nuxia (女侠) essentially means "female warrior" or "female hero."
- The voice actress for the Nuxia is Toronto actress Alli Chung.
- The quote for Echo Strike is a Chinese figure of speech. Literally translated it means "I will take you away." Figuratively, it is used to say "I will send you to hell."
- The execution "Han Zixian" (Wind God) is named after a weather deity of the same name who is an assistant goddess of the wind.
- iOut of the four marching fire characters Nuxia is the only one that uses her default weapon set In promotional art.
- Chinese: 女侠在此 (Nǚxiá zài cǐ) - English: "Nuxia is here."
- Successful Jade Ballet
- Chinese: 你中招了 (Nǐ zhōng zhāole) - English: "I got you!"
- Glass Waltz
- Chinese: 送你一程 (Sòng nǐ yī chéng) - English: "Go to hell."
- Echo Strike
- Chinese: 我问心无愧 (Wǒ wènxīn wúkuì) - English: "I have a clear conscience!" or "I have no guilt to confess!"
- Goujian Execution (Season 13 Battlepass Exclusive)
The Nuxia is an agile fighter wielding dual hookswords. Her Feats help her isolate opponents into a duel situation, as she can use a barrage of attacks to strike them down. She can also take advantage of defensive opponents, using her offensive "Trap" ability to take down enemies who try to block or parry her attack.
- Difficulty: Hard
- Unique ability to Trap enemies
- Fast Attacker
- Can initiate a Trap during Heavies and Zone which punish opponents who remain too defensive, and leads back into chains even if missed
- Quick Dodge Attacks and displacing Heavy Finishers
- Multi-directional counterattacks after a Parry or Deflect
Available Perks for the Nuxia can be viewed on the Perks page.
Passive | Deal 20% more damage in close quarters combat against an enemy who is alone.Unlocked at level 1
Passive | Gain Health & Stamina when you kill another Hero.Unlocked at level 5
Trigger to gain movement speed for a short duration.Unlocked at level 13
Drop caltrops that deal damage to moving enemies and allies in target area.Unlocked at level 1
Passive | The base healing of Executions are increased by 50%.Unlocked at level 7
Passive | When activating Revenge, heal some health.Unlocked at level 15
|3||Thread of Fate
Bind an enemy. Bound enemy can't run, sprint or roll. Bind is broken over time or by distancing yourself.Unlocked at level 1
Passive | Dodging raises damage for the next Attack.Unlocked at level 9
Throws make enemies fall to the ground.Unlocked at level 17
Deal 10 damage per second to an enemy and their allies only if they stay close together. Lasts 10 seconds.Unlocked at level 1
Passive | Regenerate your Health when out of combatUnlocked at level 11
Raise sprint speed and defense greatly (non-stackable)Unlocked at level 19
- Renown: Assassin - Earn more Renown in 1vX fights, by killing enemy Heroes, and getting killing streaks to unlock your feats in a match.
- Revenge Mode - Boosts Damage and Health. All Attacks are Uninterruptable. Parry and Throws knock enemies down. Attacks are Auto-Parried on activation.
- Defense: Reflex - Your Guard Stance only remains active for a limited time, lasting for one second.
- Deflect - Dodge in the direction of an incoming Attack just before impact to Deflect it. Deflects grant a Hero access to unique tools.
- Traps - Glass Waltz and Jade Ballet are Trap moves. Traps are moves that only hit opponents who are performing a Block, Superior Block, Deflect, or Parry in the same direction of the Trap. Traps do not work on Block/Parry Reaction (the Full Block/All Parry gained after a successful Block or Parry respecitvely).
- Initiation - Traps are initiated by pressing MMB (PC), X (XB1) or □ (PS4) during the start-up for any Heavy Attack to go into Glass Waltz or the start-up of a Zone Attack for Jade Ballet.
- Trap Effect - When successful, the target of the Trap will be pinned briefly, dealt damage and knocked back. If struck with Jade Ballet, the target will instead be knocked to the ground, pinned for longer and dealt increased damage.
- Special Knock Downs - Although the target of Jade Ballet will be knocked down during the pin, they won't be counted as being on the floor for moves such as Centurion's Eagle's Talon and Jormungandr's Hamarr Slam.
- Trap Whiff Opener - Even if Nuxia's Trap misses, the Trap attempt will still count as a Chain Opener, allowing Nuxia to perform a Chain Light or Heavy in Song of the Moon.
- Deflect Attack - After a Deflect, Nuxia can perform Echo Strike with the Light input. Uniquely for a Deflect move, this move is nct Unblockable but can come from any guard direction. As a result, it is not guaranteed if performed from the same side of a low recovery attack as it can possibly be blocked.
- Chain Starters - Any of the following moves can replace the first strike in Song of the Moon: Crescent Jab, Crescent Step, Goddess Blitz, Echo Strike, Mirror Raid, and Glass Waltz.
- Heavy Finisher Manipulation - Successful hits with a Heavy Finisher will briefly pin your opponent as Nuxia displaces them. Left Heavy Finishers will displace them to the Right. Top Heavy Finishers will displace them behind Nuxia. Right Heavy Finishers will displace them to the Left.
- Zone Attack Cancel - You can replace any hit in Song of the Moon with a Zone Attack to end the chain. Zone Attack can be canceled into Jade Ballet or canceled with B (XB1), ◯ (PS4) or E (PC).
(From Guard Mode)
|Armor Styles||Weapon Styles|
|Knights||Warden - Conqueror - Peacekeeper - Lawbringer -Centurion|
Gladiator - Black Prior - Warmonger - Gryphon
|Samurai||Kensei - Shugoki - Orochi - Nobushi|
Shinobi - Aramusha - Hitokiri - Kyoshin
|Vikings||Raider - Warlord - Berserker - Valkyrie|
Highlander - Shaman - Jormungandr
|Wu Lin||Tiandi - Jiang Jun - Nuxia - Shaolin - Zhanhu|
|The Outlanders||Pirate - ??? - ???|