Only the most experienced Wu Lin leaders become a Jiang Jun, generals of the Empire. Their loyalty and their sense of righteousness are unmatched. They teach harsh lessons to their enemies while wielding the guandao, the crescent halberd. Revered as the best strategists of the Empire, they are the living embodiment of the art of war. They inspire thousands to fight and die for them in the greatest battles.
The Jiang Jun wears lamellar armor and a metal cuirass. Much of this armor though is hidden beneath his cloth uniform, leaving mostly his large metal pauldrons, belt, rerebraces, and bracers visible. Accompanying his majestic white beard is a traditional headwear reserved for officials.
Guandao - A long wooden polearm with a heavy curved blade at the end. The blade is named after the mythic general.
Known Jiang JunEdit
- Guan Yu
- While For Honor's website lists Jiang Jun's weapon as a halberd, it is unmistakably a Guandao and is even labeled as such later on.
- Guan (關) references Guan Yu and dao (刀) means "blade" or "sword."
- It is also known as the "yanyeudao" (偃月刀) which translates to "reclining moon blade." This is in reference to the shape of its blade.
- Jiang Jun (将军) means "General."
- Jiang Jun was inspired by Guan Yu, a legendary Chinese general. His overall design is identical to Guan Yu, with the Jiang Jun backstory featuring an invincible man named Guan Yu.
- As mentioned above, the Guandao is named after Guan Yu, its name meaning "Guan's blade."
- Chinese: 无能之辈 (Wúnéng zhī bèi) - English: "You're incompetent!"
- Mighty Sanction canceled with Guardbreak
- Chinese: 不学无术 (Bù xué wú shù) - English: "You're unlearned!"
- Sifu's Swirl
- Chinese: 好生愚钝 (Hàoshēng yúdùn) - English: "So dull!"
- Dou Shi’s Swirl
- Chinese: 认真点儿 (Rènzhēn diǎn er) - English: "Be serious."
- Dou Shi’s choke
- Chinese: 雕虫小技 (Diāochóngxiǎojì) - English: "You have no skill!"
- Successful block
- Chinese: 百无一用 (Bǎi wú yī yòng) - English: "So useless."
- Successful block
- Chinese: 浪费时间 (Làngfèi shíjiān) - English: "You're wasting my time."
- Successful block
The Jiang Jun is a relatively slow but powerful fighter, durable as he is wise. Wielding the heavy Guandao, he specializes in surviving group fights. His Dodge Attack and Zone Attacks keep his adversary at bay, while Sifu’s Poise allows him to remain in top shape when it comes to Stamina.
- Difficulty: Medium-Hard
- Zone Attack Specialist
- High Survivability in Group Fights
- Sifu’s Poise: Special Stance that Dodges incoming attacks and grants Stamina Regen
- Variety of Zone Attacks that he can access from Idle, Sifu’s Poise or after a Parry
- Powerful Dodge Attacks with mix-up potential
|1||Against All Odds
Nearby allies deal more damage the more enemies are aroundUnlocked at level 1
Passive | Attacks deal slightly more damage every 3 secondsUnlocked at level 5
Passive | Rapidly revive fallen teammatesUnlocked at level 13
Passive | Nearby allies benefit from Sifu's Poise. Effect depends on how long the stance is held.Unlocked at level 1
Allies and yourself deal more damage, soldiers fight faster.Unlocked at level 7
Passive | Attacks when locked on fill the revenge meter.Unlocked at level 15
Heals allies in area of effect based on how many enemies are around.Unlocked at level 1
|Tough as Nails
Passive | Raises max Health when unlocked.Unlocked at level 9
Recover some of your Health.Unlocked at level 17
Leaves fiery sparks around the target that stun all who cross it.Unlocked at level 1
Throw a projectile, creating a fire effect over an areaUnlocked at level 11
Grant a shield to all alive teammates (yourself included)Unlocked at level 19
- Sifu's Poise - Stamina regenerates faster in this Stance, at a rate of 70 Stamina per second. The Startup has a Dodge property. Can be performed even when out of Stamina.
- Stamina Compensation - Due to his ability to regenerate Stamina through Sifu's Poise, Jiang Jun's natural Stamina regen is reduced by 25% (22.5 stam/sec vs 30 stam/sec).
- Sifu's Soft Feint - Can enter Sifu's Poise during the start-up of a Heavy Attack, and the recovery of chain attacks, Shin Kick, Dodges and Dou Shi's Choke.
- Heavy Attacks:
- Heavy Attack Openers - Heavy Attack Openers are Uninterruptable.
- Heavy Attack Finishers - Heavy Attack Finishers are Unblockable.
- Zone-Property Side Heavies - All side Heavies have properties akin to a Zone Attack: They are not interrupted by Superior Blocks, and have high stamina costs that are fixed regardless if they hit, miss, are blocked, etc.
- Stunning Throw - Forward and Side Throws briefly stun enemies.
- Mighty Attacks - Mighty Attacks and Canceled Moves count as Chain Openers.
- Mighty Attack Cancel - Cancel Mighty Backlash with Light Attack or Hard Feint. Hard Feint Mighty Sanction with E (PC), B (XB1) or ◯ (PS4).
- Shin Kick - Mighty Sanction can also be cancelled with MMB (PC), X (XB1) or ■ (PS4), leading into a shin kick that can cause a knock back (and wall splat), together with causing slight stamina drain to a target.
- Twofold Slash Cancel - You can cancel Twofold Slash after the first strike with E (PC), B (XB1) or ◯ (PS4).
- Dou Shi's Choke - Hold during Dou Shi's Choke in order to drain more Stamina, up to a 25% increase.
- Chain Openers - Fatal Swirl, Sifu's Swirl, Dou Shi's Swirl count as Chain Openers.
- Revenge Mode - Boosts Damage and Health. All Attacks are Uninterruptible. Parry and Throws knock enemies down. Attacks are Auto-Parried on activation.
- Renown - Earn more Renown by assisting or saving Heroes, and defending objectives to unlock your feats in a match.
(From Guard Mode)
|Armor Styles||Weapon Styles|
|Knights||Warden - Conqueror - Peacekeeper - Lawbringer - Centurion - Gladiator - Black Prior|
|Samurai||Kensei - Shugoki - Orochi - Nobushi - Shinobi - Aramusha - Hitokiri|
|Vikings||Raider - Warlord - Berserker - Valkyrie - Highlander - Shaman - Jormungandr|
|Wu Lin||Tiandi - Jiang Jun - Nuxia - Shaolin - Zhanhu|