"In desperate times, conscripted criminals refill our ranks. Sometimes, however, you find a diamond in the rough. The most elite earn their name: Conquerors. Strong as a battering ram, resilient as a fortress gate, their flail is as dangerous to the wielder as it is to the enemy. But in the right hands it becomes... unstoppable."
Ex-prisoners and forced conscripts who have risen to the rank of elite soldier. Originally pressed into military service as sword fodder, those who are skilled enough to survive are promoted out of the rank and file and given heavy infantry training. They are heavily armored warriors, relying on a defensive style with their Heater Shield and their massive flails to whittle away at their opponents until they fall under the Conquerors’ massive onslaught. Climbing from the lowest ranked to this prestigious role in the Knight’s forces, Conquerors have earned the respect of their peers through determination and feats of arms.
The default Conqueror wears an Enclosed Helm, as well as steel spaulders and a pair of poleyns. They wear a leather jerkin with some visible plating as well as a decorated cloth scapular. Their forearms are wrapped in steel chain and manacles.
Footman's Flail & Heater Shield - The flail is one of the most vicious weapons used by the heavy infantry of the Iron Legion. They are made of heavy iron chains linking a stout wooden handle to a massive steel-spiked ball. The flail inflicts massive wounds through concussion as it crushes both armor and bones. In their off-hand, they use the Heater Shield both for offense and defense.
- The Conqueror's default armor is one of an older design, circa 11th to 13th century.
- This is supported by their Enclosed helm, which was mostly worn during the Crusades, and the usage of shields, which were not used by later knights due to armor technology advancement.
- Contrary to popular media, the garment worn by the Conqueror is not a surcoat, like those worn by crusader knights. Rather, the vestment is based on a monastic scapular, and apron-like garment worn by clergy.
- According to many historians, the version of the flail used in the game was not common in medieval combat, but may have existed.
- There were two versions of the flail: the haft, chain and metal striking head that is known most in pop culture and the two-handed haft, chain and cylindrical wooden head. The latter of the two, also known as a threshal after the agricultural tool, was a popular peasants' weapon during Hussite rebellion, favored for its ability to unseat a mounted knight.
- Most examples of the short-handled flail found in museums are claimed to be fakes. In support of this, flail seen in medieval artworks are typically in artwork that include dragons and other mythical elements, making it more likely that this version of the flail was more fiction than reality. Artpieces and manuscripts that were later found did show the metal-head flail existed, however in more specific and uncommon cases.
- The more practical explanation of why the metal-head flail wouldn't have been used is because of the incredible difficulty that would come with using the weapon effectively without accidentally hurting oneself. However, this disadvantage could be bypassed with the proper use of the flail (eg. keep on swinging in circular motions, preventing the flail head from hitting oneself) and wearing good armor so that being hit by one own's metal weight wouldn't hurt as much.
- There is also the case where one cannot block or parry with the metal-head flail. This could be bypassed with the use of a shield in the offhand, as the Conqueror does.
- The use of sticks, and not a metal weight, has seen use in other cultures, such as the Nunchaku and three-section staff. However, metal weights on chains have been seen in weapons like the meteor hammer.
- Prior to the Marching Fire update, the Female conqueror had her quotes between Shield Bash and Full Block Stance switched.
- Conqueror was the only pre-year three heavy class Hero capable of switching gender, as the other three (Shugoki, Warlord, Jiang Jun) were locked as Male.
- The name for the "Garrote" Execution means "to kill someone by strangulation, typically with a iron collar or rope/wire."
- The Pop Top Execution was known as the Bash 'N' Dash in the game's alpha.
- The name for the "Feros Ferio" Execution is the motto for Clan Chisholm, a highland Scottish clan. The motto translates to "I am fierce with fierceness."
- The name for the "Pugilism" Execution refers to the sport of boxing, especially bare-knuckle boxing and possibly Ancient Greek boxing, both of which are the original form of modern day boxing.
- The "Qui ferit non errat" execution directly translates to "He who strikes does not err." The term "err" means "to make a mistake" or "to wander."
- Latin: "Te occidam!" - English: "I will kill you!"
- Shield Bash or Shield Uppercut
- Latin: "Te affligam!" - English: "I will crush you!"
- Full Block Stance or Mongrels Charge Execution
- Latin: "Effugisse debes!" - English: "You should've fled!"
- Male Conqueror, Rowdy Sentence execution
- Latin: "Consta, id minus nocebit." - English: "Stay still, it'll hurt less."
- Female Conqueror, Rowdy Sentence execution
Conquerors are heavily armored fighters armed with a flail and a heater shield. They destabilize and overcome enemies through multiple defensive abilities and relentless attacks.
- Difficulty: Medium
- Defensive Fighting and ability to infinitely combo
- Full-block stance which guarantees a heavy counter when hit
- Heavies cannot be feinted, but can be soft-feinted into a Shield Bash or Full Block Stance
- Full Block Stance that blocks incoming attacks and can be used to perform a counter-attack
- Infinite Attack Chains that allows for relentless offense
Available Perks for the Conqueror can be viewed on the Perks page.
Passive | Rapidly revive fallen teammates.Unlocked at level 1
Passive | Capture and upgrade control zones faster.Unlocked at level 5
Passive | Killing soldier grants you health and stamina.Unlocked at level 13
Trade movement speed for better defense.Unlocked at level 1
Passive | Shield based attacks now deal damage.Unlocked at level 7
|Fiat Lux ("let there be light")
Throw a flash grenade that blinds enemies for a few seconds.Unlocked at level 15
Passive | Deal damage on blocked attacks.Unlocked at level 1
|Heal on Block
Passive | Blocking regenerates your health.
Unlocked at level 9
|Pugno Mortis ("fist of death")
Throw an explosive projectile dealing damage over an area.Unlocked at level 17
Your actions can't be interrupted for a short duration.Unlocked at level 1
Passive | Regenerates your health when out of combat.Unlocked at level 11
Call a catapult strike over an area.
Unlocked at level 19
- Renown: Heavy - Earn more Renown by assisting or saving Heroes, and holding objectives to unlock your feats in a match. (non-Dominion/Breach gamemodes only)
- Revenge Mode - Boosts Damage and Health. All Attacks are Uninterruptible. Parry and Throws knock enemies down. Attacks are Auto-Parried on activation.
- Defense: Static - Your Guard Stance remains active in the direction you designate. Unlike most other Static Guard Heroes, Conqueror also has Superior Block Dodges.
- Superior Block Dodges - Forward, Left, and Right Dodges have Superior Block property in the direction of the Dodge.
- Mobile Full Block Stance - When holding C (PC) or RS↓ (XB1, PS4), Conqueror will enter a Full Block Stance. Conqueror is able to move while in this stance, but is unable to initiate Attacks or Dodge.
- Full Block Stamina Costs - While there is an initial Stamina cost, Stamina will regenerate as normal, only pausing briefly upon blocking an attack. Blocking also does not cost Stamina, unlike other Full Block Stances.
- Fast Flow into Full Block Stance - Hold C (PC) or RS↓ (XB1, PS4) after any Attack or during the start-up of a Chain Heavy or Shield Bash Mixup to immediately enter Full Block Stance.
- Shield Bash Mix Up - After a Chain Light or Heavy or Zone Attack, press X (XB1), ⬜ (PS4) or MMB (PC) to perform a Bash that can wallsplat opponents.
- Shield Bash Mix Up Cancel - Unlike other unchargeable bashes, Shield Bash Mix Up can be cancelled during its start-up with B (XB1), ◯ (PS4) or E (PC).
- Bash and Superior Block Follow-ups - Upon performing a Bash or successfully blocking an attack with either a Superior Block Dodge or Full Block Stance, Conqueror can follow-up with one of two attacks: Flail Uppercut or Scuttage Collection. Both are Unblockable and guaranteed on the target.
- Flail Uppercut - After performing one of the above actions, press RT (XB1), R2 (PS4) or RMB (PC) to initiate Flail Uppercut. Flail Uppercut is able to execute the target.
- Scuttage Collection - After performing one of the above actions, press RB (XB1), R1 (PS4) or LMB (PC) to initiate Scuttage Collection. Scuttage Collection hits in a 360-degree trajectory.
- Follow-up Chain Openers - Flail Uppercut and Scuttage Collection are able to chain into a Chain Light or Heavy, but not Shield Bash Mix Up.
- Charged Heavy - Heavy can be charged into an Unblockable Attack by holding Heavy, with a fully charged Heavy being represented by magenta visual effect. The charge can be maintained through guard direction changes.
- Charged Heavy Cancel - Cancel a Charge by pressing E (PC), B (XB1) or ◯ (PS4), or by dodging or performing a Guardbreak, during the Charging phase.
- Charge Stamina Costs - Charging an attack does not consume stamina, as Stamina regenerates normally. Stamina costs of the attack is consumed when released.
- Charged Heavy Opener - Charged Heavy counts as a normal Heavy Opener, thus can lead into a chain light or heavy, or into Shield Bash Mix Up. Also means a Charged Heavy can be cancelled into Full Block stance during its start-up and recovery.
- Unblockable Chain Heavy Attacks - Chained Heavy Attacks are Unblockable.
- Light Attack Momentum Mixup - Chain Light Attacks initiated from the same direction as the previous attack don't have momentum, thus are slower than Chain Light Attacks coming from a different direction.
- Zone Attack Opener - Zone Attack functions as a Chain Opener, leading into a chain light or heavy or Shield Bash Mix Up.
(from Guard Mode)
|Armor Styles||Weapon Styles|
|Knights||Warden - Conqueror - Peacekeeper - Lawbringer -Centurion|
Gladiator - Black Prior - Warmonger - Gryphon
|Samurai||Kensei - Shugoki - Orochi - Nobushi|
Shinobi - Aramusha - Hitokiri - Kyoshin
|Vikings||Raider - Warlord - Berserker - Valkyrie|
Highlander - Shaman - Jormungandr
|Wu Lin||Tiandi - Jiang Jun - Nuxia - Shaolin - Zhanhu|
|The Outlanders||Pirate - ??? - ???|