"Some fight for warlords. They fought for an empire. Their might inspired generations of soldiers and struck fear in the heart of their enemies. They are Centurions. Their confidence radiates out to all those who follow them. With their gladius as an extension of their arm and their fist as strong as their conviction. Once the pride of a glorious dynasty, their legend is soon to be rewritten."
The Centurion sees the battlefield like a chessboard. Each warrior has their part to play and sometimes sacrifices need to be made. This is the nature of war and the Centurion revels in it! 
The Centurion wears a metal face mask, giving him the face of a stoic warrior. He wears a metal musculata curiass and bracers. He also wears a galeae helmet that lacks its iconic decorative crest.
Gladius - This standard issue Roman weapon is perfectly forged for cutting, chopping, and thrusting. Its short blade works well when mixing in the use of his fists to punch his opponent.
- The Centurion is inspired by their real-life counterparts.
- Historical Centurions were officers in the Roman army. They were named so because they would lead groups known as centuria.
- The metal face mask worn by the Centurion was not worn by historical centurions.
- They were worn by Roman cavalry during training, ritual tournaments or parades (as face protection for the former two), but were never used on the battlefield, evident in they would greatly hinder one's peripheral vision.
- Historical centurions would wear Lorica squamata, Lorica hamata, or Lorica segmentata instead of the musculata cuirass that is the default outfit for this game's Centurion.
- In the world of For Honor, it was believed that the Centurions and the empire they came from were lost in the Cataclysm. But unbeknown to most, they have survived and warlords such as Apollyon have met them.
- Centurion is voiced by Derek Seguin.
- The execution Pollice Verso was inspired by its historical counterpart.
- Pollice Verso is an expression that translates roughly to "turned thumb" and refers to the hand gesture used by Ancient Romes crowds when passing judgement on a defeated gladiator.
- The expression became notable in 1872, when French painter Jean-Léon Gérôme named a painting after the phrase. The painting causes dispute to this day, as it depicts a peasant giving the "thumbs down" sign to the gladiator. Historians argue about the meaning of the sign, as it was believed to mean spare the life.
- The execution Ala Iacta Est is a play on the Latin phrase Alea Iacta Est.
- Alea Iacta Est means 'the die is cast'. Ala Iacta Est means 'the arm is cast,' referring to the loss of the target's arm.
- The execution ""Veni Vidi Vici" is a Latin phrase popularly attributed to Julius Caesar, where it means "I came, I saw, I conquered."
- The execution "Fortiter et Recte" translates to "Boldly" and Rightly." It is the clan motto of Clan Eliott.
- The execution "It Takes Guts" may be a reference to a scene in the 2000 historical drama film "Gladiator." Before the final fight that occurs between Maximus and Commodus, the movie's protagonist and antagonist respectively, Commodus embraces Maximus, only to stab him in the side to gain an advantage.
- The execution "A Spina ad Brachium" is a play on the Latin phrase "per aspera ad astra," which means "through hardship to the stars."
- A Spina ad Brachium means "Through the spine to the arm."
- Particularly "A Spina" sounds like a pun to "aspera."
- Latin: "Incredibilis!" - English: (I am) incredible!
- Jab unblockable punch
- Latin: "Incontinens!" - English:(I am) unrestrained!
- Imperial Might unblockable heavy attack
- Latin: "Īnfirmus!" - English:(You are) weak! / Weakling!
- Eagle's Talons jump attack, Brutal Beating Execution & Knock Yourself Out Execution
- Latin: "Etiam!" - English:(In this context) Come on! / Keep going!
- Eagle's Talons jump attack (non fatal), while backing up
- Latin: "Pugna non perfecta est!" - English: This fight isn't over!
- Roman Uppercut Execution
- Latin: "Movete!" - English: Move!
- Ala Iacta Est Execution
- Latin: "Quod non rursum occidas!" - English: Never again will you kill anyone.
- It Takes Guts Execution
- Latin: "Illa iacāte!" - English: Throw it there!
- Catapult (enemy)
- Latin: "Fo spērāte!" - English: Make them fear!
- Catapult (enemy)
- Latin: "Trāicite!" - English: Send it!
- Catapult (enemy)
- Latin: "Nunc!" - English: Now!
- Catapult (enemy)
- Latin: "Ibi Iacēte!" - English: Hurl it there!
- Catapult (enemy)
The Centurion is an in-your-face character, specialized in opening your defense and draining your stamina. They have a lot of fast mix-ups to put pressure on their opponents. Their range is short and their main challenge will be to close the gap without taking too much damage.
- Difficulty: Hard
- Melee specialist
- Mix-up intensive
- Very high damage jump attack on unbalanced targets
- Kicks and punches to open defense and drain stamina
- Charged heavies that can pin or unbalance targets
Passive | Killing soldier grants you health and stamina.
Passive | Gain Health & Stamina when you kill another hero
Trigger to gain movement speed for a short duration
Allies and yourself deal more damage, soldiers fight faster
Passive | Punshes, kicks, and throws now deal damage
Gain unlimited stamina for a short time
Recover some of your health.
A projectile that deals low damage and stuns an enemy for a short time
Attacks inflict low Damage over time.
Call a catapult strike over an area.
Nearby allies continuously regain health.
Grant a shield to all alive teammates (yourself included).
- Renown - Earn more Renown by assisting or saving Heroes, and defending objectives to unlock your feats in a match.
- Revenge Mode - Boosts Damage and Health. All Attacks are Uninterruptible. Parry and Throws knock enemies down. Attacks are Auto-Parried on activation.
- Jab - Press or Hold MMB (PC), X (XB1), or ⬜ (PS4) after a Parry Counter, Eagle's Fury or any basic chain attack (hit or block) to initiate a Jab. Holding this move allows for variable timing.
- Pin to Jab - Centurion can perform a Jab upon pinning pinning an opponent with Lion's Pounce or Imperial Might.
- Fully Charged Jab - If the Jab is fully charged, it will have Uninterruptible Stance, stun the opponent, deal increased Stamina damage and knock the opponent onto the ground.
- Charged Jab Cancel - Press MMB (PC), X (XB1) or X (PS4) during the charging animation of a Charged Jab to cancel into a Guardbreak. Jab can also be cancelled with the feint button (B for XB1, E for PC, 〇 for PS4).
- Lion's Pounce - Hold RMB (PC), RT (XB1), or R2 (PS4) when initiating a combo Heavy Attack to finish a chain with a Pinning Attack. Holding this move allows for variable timing.
- Imperial Might - If a Heavy Finisher is fully charged, it will become Imperial Might, receiving increased damage and Unblockable properties on top of pinning the opponent.
- Charged Heavy Cancel - Press MMB (PC), X (XB1) or X (PS4) during the charging animation of Lion's Pounce or Imperial Might to cancel into a Guardbreak. For Imperial Might, this can still be performed even when Imperial Might has become unblockable. Charged Heavies can also be cancelled with the feint button (B for XB1, E for PC, 〇 for PS4).
- Lion's Roar - Upon guardbreaking a target, perform up to three Light Attacks to initiate a pommel-bash maneuver that will drain the target's Stamina.
- Timed Bash - The Light Attacks in Lion's Roar require proper timing to perform. If performed too slowly or too quickly, the inputs will not register.
- Lion's Roar Cancel - Centurion can cancel Lion's Roar without being counter-broken by throwing his target.
- Guardbreak Heavy - Initiating a Heavy attack upon guardbreaking a target will lead into a Heavy Opener. This Heavy attack is guaranteed unless it's fully charged.
- Eagle's Talons - Initiate a Jump Attack when there is an Unbalanced enemy around by pressing RMB (PC), RT (XB1), or R2 (PS4) near them. A successful Jump Attack will pin the target to the ground, while replenishing Centurion and the victim's Stamina.
- Fury to Talons - When locked onto an Unbalanced enemy, it is also possible to initiate Eagle's Fury to perform Eagle's Talons.
- Eagle's Talons Cutscene - Upon performing a successful Jump Attack, a cutscene will ensue. If his target is still alive, Centurion will back up while taunting his target. If the target has died from the Jump Attack, Centurion will dig his Gladius a bit deeper into his target's corpse before pulling it out.
- Interrupted Cutscene - If Centurion performs a delayed Jump Attack, he will inflict damage but will not pin his target. This also happens if he is interrupted midway through the Jump Attack cutscene animation.
- Knockback Kick - Press MMB (PC), X (XB1), or ⬜ (PS4) after any throw to follow up with a Legion Kick for additional Knockback and Stun.
- Kick Combo - Upon performing a Legion Kick on an opponent, Centurion can either lead into a Light Opener or Heavy Finisher.
- Combo Starters - The Light attack in Legion Kick Combo and Jab Combo are counted as Light Openers. Eagle's Fury (including Alternate) counts as a Heavy Opener.
- Guardbreak Throw Combo - Upon throwing an opponent from a guardbreak, Centurion can either lead into a Light Opener, Heavy Finisher or a Jab.
- Parry Counter Opener - Parry Counter acts as an Opener, thus can chain into a Chain Light, a Heavy Finisher or a Jab.
- Zone Attack Cancel - Centurion can cancel his Zone Attack after the first and second strike with B (XB1), E (PC), or 〇 (PS4).
(From Guard Mode)
|Armor Styles||Weapon Styles|
- ↑ https://forhonor.ubisoft.com/game/en-us/game-info/heroes/centurion.aspx
- ↑ Arrian, Ars Tactica 34
|Knights||Warden - Conqueror - Peacekeeper - Lawbringer - Centurion - Gladiator - Black Prior|
|Samurai||Kensei - Shugoki - Orochi - Nobushi - Shinobi - Aramusha - Hitokiri|
|Vikings||Raider - Warlord - Berserker - Valkyrie - Highlander - Shaman - Jormungandr|
|Wu Lin||Tiandi - Jiang Jun - Nuxia - Shaolin - Zhanhu|